extra base on the throw assigned to next batter

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
PhilB

extra base on the throw assigned to next batter

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:42 pm

In the situation where a batter-runner takes an extra base on the throw, for example on a hit to outfield where the outfielder throws home to attempt an out at home so the batter advances to second, I score the play as a single then give the runner second on the throw. iScore ends the play with the batter on first and scores the extra base during the next batter's at bat. In reality the original play is not yet over so the extra base should be part of that play.

What is the proper way to score the single with extra base on the throw and have it scored as a single play?

-phil
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: extra base on the throw assigned to next batter

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm

If you go to the Game Settings on the main scoring screen (tap button in bottom right), and set the "Minimize Questions" settings to NO, then it will ask what happened to the batter after reaching first base so you can enter the on the throw advancement as part of the same play. We used to always ask this question, but had many users asking "why do I need to to enter Held Up for the better every time he reaches base", so we made this an option that scorekeepers can choose. This is precisely the type of situation that the extra questions are there for.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
PhilB

Re: extra base on the throw assigned to next batter

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:25 pm

FTMSupport wrote:If you go to the Game Settings on the main scoring screen (tap button in bottom right), and set the "Minimize Questions" settings to NO, then it will ask what happened to the batter after reaching first base so you can enter the on the throw advancement as part of the same play.
Thanks. I remember when you added that setting, and turning Minimize Questions on. I know it'd be a special case but it seems like you could recognize this situation where the batter runner takes an extra base on the throw and assign that to the batter runner's at bat instead of to the next batter.

Now that I understand it I think I'll leave the minimize questions selected because of the simplification of scoring and just deal with the quirks in the score book. It doesn't seem to affect the stats or the scoring so I guess it's a case of no harm, no foul.

Thanks,
-phil