Player injury

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
madsam0an

Player injury

Post by madsam0an » Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 am

Playing in a few games this season, we have had situations where a player needed to be scratched due to a line drive off the face, or a play at home and the catcher took the brunt of the play at the plate leaving him unable to continue. I couldn't find an easy way to scratch the player. I skipped him the first time and then tried to update to where he wasn't batting anymore but it screwed up my scorecard by moving everyone up one spot and giving his hitting stats to the player behind him.

I am just looking for an easy or clean way to scratch a hitter due to injury.
team mom

Re: Player injury

Post by team mom » Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 am

The correct way is to press Misc-Skip batter. Do not remove them from the starting lineup as that will screw up the game as you noted. Right now there is not a way to indicate that the skip is permanent for the game. You need to skip the batter each time they come around and indicate whether it counts as an out or not.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
madsam0an

Post by madsam0an » Tue May 21, 2013 6:30 am

After doing some more research on the forum: It looks like skip the batter is the correct answer every time. If we could get something to make it a permanent skip, a little question instead of "should this be an out?" a good first question should be is this due to injury? An injury substitution is the only way it wouldn't be considered an out in most leagues, and the player is scratched for the rest of the game. The player can't be added back into the lineup, if he left the batting rotation due to injury. The "should this be an out?" question answers itself if this is an injury skipping of the batter "the answer is no it shouldn't be an out. We should also have a check box that allows you to skip the batter for the rest of the game. Sounds easy enough in writing. :) Skipping a batter is pretty easy, was just looking for a way to programatically (sp?) make this repeatable. We want user friendly options or at least I do, because at the end of the proverbial day we are there to help out the coach and cheer our child and team on because they are our kids playing. I don't get paid to do this, I do it to help out.
madsam0an

Post by madsam0an » Tue May 21, 2013 6:31 am

After doing some more research on the forum: It looks like skip the batter is the correct answer every time. If we could get something to make it a permanent skip, a little question instead of "should this be an out?" a good first question should be is this due to injury? An injury substitution is the only way it wouldn't be considered an out in most leagues, and the player is scratched for the rest of the game. The player can't be added back into the lineup, if he left the batting rotation due to injury. The "should this be an out?" question answers itself if this is an injury skipping of the batter "the answer is no it shouldn't be an out. We should also have a check box that allows you to skip the batter for the rest of the game. Sounds easy enough in writing. :) Skipping a batter is pretty easy, was just looking for a way to programatically (sp?) make this repeatable. We want user friendly options or at least I do, because at the end of the proverbial day we are there to help out the coach and cheer our child and team on because they are our kids playing. I don't get paid to do this, I do it to help out.
Squally

Post by Squally » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:58 am

I know this is an old topic, but this has burned me so many times. We're a recreational league with older girls that often enough have to leave games early because of work, etc and I can't tell you how many times I forget to skip them in subsequent at bats and end up having to re-score the whole game from that point on. I love the check box of asking if the player should be skipped for the remainder of the game.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:29 pm

As noted in your other post on this same topic, the iOS version of iScore now asks if you want to skip the batter again the next time through the lineup. This is something we plan to add in a future version for Android as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs