3rd strike throw out DP

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
Ef2255

3rd strike throw out DP

Post by Ef2255 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:28 am

I am new to Iscore and am on version 4.03 for Ipad and read a post back in 2010 regarding my same topic. According to that post when the batter strikes out with a runner on first Iscore is supposed to ask what happened to the runner on first. Unfortunately this is not happening. If I score it as a strikeout Iscore advances to the next batter. If I then record the CS my scorebook has as the AB for the next batter with no pitch being thrown. How do I record it as a DP & credited to the correct batter at the plate.?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
mprusak

Re: 3rd strike throw out DP

Post by mprusak » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 am

Welcome to the board!

It sounds like you have 'minimize questions' set to YES. If you change this to NO in the settings, iscore should prompt you.

It would be scored as:

strike->(swinging or looking?)->what happened to runner on first?->out second->double play
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Ef2255

Post by Ef2255 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply and welcome!

Okay I changed minimize questions to no & tried scoring it as you suggested but now have a new problem. When I hit double play it shows up in the play by play screen but it didn't ask me how the runner was out so when I look at the fielding stats it still doesn't credit a DP nor of course does it credit an asst or po. I did try scoring it as a caught stealing which gets me my asst & po but no credit for a DP.

Thank you in advance for your continued assistance in this matter.
ETBill

Post by ETBill » Wed May 29, 2013 3:41 pm

I had this situation in the last game I scored. I played around a bit and found the same...I can either score it as:
K->What happened to runner on 1st?->Out at 2nd DP
or
K->What happened to runner on 1st?->Out at 2nd CS 2-6
but not both, which is what it should be. I know we can manually edit the stats after the game, but if there's a way to incorporate this into the interface it'd be great.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 29, 2013 6:05 pm

The next update for iOS includes strike out / throw out DP and counts the runner as caught stealing. Android already supports this.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
ETBill

Post by ETBill » Wed May 29, 2013 8:55 pm

FTMSupport wrote:The next update for iOS includes strike out / throw out DP and counts the runner as caught stealing. Android already supports this.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.