How do you access the defensive pre-sets during a game?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
apex_pirate

How do you access the defensive pre-sets during a game?

Post by apex_pirate » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:49 am

Many times during a game the head coach will ask where a certain kid will be playing the next inning. I realized he should have that information since he gave it to me to input the defensive pre-sets, but lots of times they are out of the dug-out without their books. I'd like a quick way to access those pre-sets and hopefully have the ability to make changes.

Sometimes we have pitchers who are scheduled to come out at the end of an inning that we want to keep in. Because the pre-sets have a new pitcher when the inning starts, I have been making a substitution putting the old pitcher back in. Unfortunately, that resets the pitcher's pitch count back to zero. It does, however, combine the final pitching stats at the end of the game which is definitely wanted. We also have times where we will scrap the pre-sets based on how the opposing team is doing and send players to new positions. That is sometimes done a half inning in advance. Being able to change the pre-sets would be nice. I know pre means before, but I'm hoping that it isn't limited to before the game and means before the actual inning takes place.

Maybe I'm just overlooking how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete Sayre
College Mothership, LLC
http://www.collegemothership.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your Home for Officially Licensed Collegiate Merchandise...Live the Tradition!

Follow us on Twitter @CollegeMthrship, Find Us On Facebook and Pin us on Pinterest!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: How do you access the defensive pre-sets during a game?

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:54 pm

With the current release, you can pre-set the rosters and view those presets prior to game start, but once the game is started, the presets become unavailable for viewing / editing. Players are automatically subbed in according to what you have set, but if you need to deviate from it, you would use normal substitutions.

You can take a screenshot prior to game time and send it to the coach if you want, but since the coach is actually sending you the information, it would seem he already has it.

Our next major update does allow you to edit these presets after the game has started which means you would be able to view them as well. As with every release, we do not have a date for when it will be available.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Re: How do you access the defensive pre-sets during a game?

Post by OhioTex » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Great to hear.
FTMSupport wrote:
Our next major update does allow you to edit these presets after the game has started which means you would be able to view them as well. As with every release, we do not have a date for when it will be available.