Fielder's Choice

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
PetroGuy

Re: Fielder's Choice

Post by PetroGuy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 am

CS,

I don't know softball rules at all, but is 14.4.1 intended to not give extra base hits when a fielder is throwing the ball to get a preceding runner? For example, a batter hits an apparent single to the outfield with a runner on second and the throw goes home allowing the batter to reach second. I know MLB rule 10.06 covers this and only gives a single but not the extra base whether the runner is out or safe at home.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
grstatdoc

Re: Fielder's Choice

Post by grstatdoc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:59 pm

PetroGuy wrote:CS,

I don't know softball rules at all, but is 14.4.1 intended to not give extra base hits when a fielder is throwing the ball to get a preceding runner? For example, a batter hits an apparent single to the outfield with a runner on second and the throw goes home allowing the batter to reach second. I know MLB rule 10.06 covers this and only gives a single but not the extra base whether the runner is out or safe at home.
Yes, you're correct (like a case you cited). Not sure if a base hit not credited section is the best location or it is not worded well (I can see where it can be construed as conflicting with 14.3.1, which is not the intent)