Picked Off vs CS

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
KevTN

Re: Picked Off vs CS

Post by KevTN » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Correct if the runner makes a deliberate move to advance to the next base it would be considered a steal/ attempt to steal.
grstatdoc

Re: Picked Off vs CS

Post by grstatdoc » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am

KevTN wrote:Correct if the runner makes a deliberate move to advance to the next base it would be considered a steal/ attempt to steal.
Current pro ball usage allows for both picked off and caught stealing on the same play (even though it's not explicitly stated in the rules):
Allen picked off and caught stealing second, 1-3-6.

The reasoning behind this is to credit a pickoff for having started the play, which ended in a caught stealing.
Woe to Allen; not only is he charged with being caught stealing, he is also charged with being picked off :(

Since I'm still contemplating purchasing the program for my Android phone, I don't have a "test kitchen" to see if iScore will allow the entry of both (if not, enter the CS, and add a note to the play to describe the pick off)

One's mileage may vary if the MLB book is not the governing code, so adapt as needed.