Out at second stretching a single - not scored as a hit?

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
PhilB

Out at second stretching a single - not scored as a hit?

Post by PhilB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 am

Last night our lead off batter hit a line drive to the outfield, easily getting to first. He tried to stretch it to a double but was tagged out at second. I entered the play by selecting Out, then Line Drive, then placing the hit in left field, and finally selecting left fielder and SS as players who made the out. Doing so registered the out, but not a hit.

I can understand why this might be so since iScore doesn't know that the SS made the tag at second (I guess it's possible the SS was out of position and made the tag at first), but in the heat of the moment I was surprised that the hit didn't get recorded none the less.

I ended up scoring it as a single then out at second on the tag. Is this the proper way to score this play, or is there a simpler (single action) method to use so that iScore understands that the batter-runner reached first safely and then was tagged out trying to extend the hit?

-phil
team mom

Re: Out at second stretching a single - not scored as a hit?

Post by team mom » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:57 am

If you want to score the AB as a hit, then you entered it correctly (2-step process.)
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
PhilB

Re: Out at second stretching a single - not scored as a hit?

Post by PhilB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:03 pm

team mom wrote:If you want to score the AB as a hit, then you entered it correctly (2-step process.)
Thank you.
-phil