Double switch

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
phaworth

Double switch

Post by phaworth » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:14 pm

I read the manual section on how to record a double switch but confused about one thing.

If the double switch involves the pitcher coming into the game at somewhere other than 9 in the batting order, and an outfielder coming into the game and hitting ninth, I can't see a way to slot the outfielder into the 9 spot. On the Offensive tab of the substitution screen, I'm asked to select where the new player will hit but it only lists slots 1 to 8.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Double switch

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:09 pm

The offensive and defensive part of the substitution are two separate things. To bring in the pitcher, tap the pitcher position in the field, and tap the player that should now be pitcher. To do the offensive part of the substitution, you can either tap the "Offense" tab when the sub screen comes up and then tap the batting lineup position that the pitcher should be in, then tap the player that came in as pitcher, or you can wait until the team is back up to bat and do the offensive substitution when that player comes up in the lineup.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
phaworth

Post by phaworth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:05 am

I think you missed my point. I did everything you recommend regarding the offensive substitution for the pitcher and was able to put him somewhere other than the #9 batting spot. However, when I made the offensive substitution for the outfielder, who was put into the #9 batting slot, The buttons at the top of the screen showed only batting positions 1 to 8 so I was unable to put the new player into the #9 batting position.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 am

If you are only seeing 8 offensive batting slots, then one of two things is happening... either you can scroll to see the 9th spot as the screen is too small to show 9, or you only have 9 batters in your starting lineup in which case you would have to go to Misc -> Show Starting Lineup and make sure 9 players have Batting = YES. The number of batters in the offensive lineup are based on the number of players with Batting = YES set in the lineup screen.
phaworth

Post by phaworth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:21 am

I guess I'm not explaining this very well so I'll try again. The problem is not the number of possible batters shown in the list.

Across the top of the offensive sub screen are buttons with the batting slot numbers and a request to select the batting order in which the player is to be inserted. Those buttons show only 1 through 8 in the circumstances I outlined so it's impossible for me to insert a player into the #9 batting spot.

Hope that's clearer.

Thanks,
Pete
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 am

Send a screenshot to us at support@iscoresports.com and we can take a look.

As noted in the previous post, the number of batting positions displayed in the Offensive substitution screen is based on the number of players in the starting lineup that have batting = YES set. If you have only 8 players with Batting = YES set, then only 8 slots will be displayed. If you have 9 players set to Batting = YES in the starting lineup, then there will be 9 available. If you are only seeing 8 but have 9 set in the starting lineup, then you should be able to scroll to the 9th spot. With an emailed screenshot we should be able to tell better what is going on.
phaworth

Post by phaworth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:34 am

OK, I'll try to get a screenshot but I've only seen this happen once. I don;t recall how many players had batting=Yes but I do know that when I inserted the new pitcher, I did see 9 available batting number buttons but when I tried to insert the other player involved in the double switch, I saw only 8.
Pete
ixamnis

Post by ixamnis » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:21 am

Sounds like a scrolling issue to me too. I use an android phone and when making a substitution on offense can only see 8 places in the batting order at a time. Have to scroll/drag over to the 9th batter.
phaworth

Post by phaworth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:46 am

I'm on a Nexus 7 tablet, not a phone. I see 9 buttons without any scrolling almost all the time so don't think that's the issue. Seeing 8 buttons only happened once during this double switch operation. I will try to reproduce it and send a screenshot.

However, I do have the screen size option set to small so maybe that comes into play somehow. I did that because I have no interest in recording pitch locations and that was the only way I could find to get it off the main scoring screen.

Pete
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:30 pm

Yes, having the size set to small would be the same as a phone, so you probably need to scroll to the 9th batter spot.