RBI or no RBI

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
trentrg

RBI or no RBI

Post by trentrg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:46 am

So, this is 8u baseball, coach pitch. Runners on 1st and 3rd, no outs. Batter pops out to the catcher, fielders are not really paying attention and covering second so our runner takes second. Catcher makes a bad throw to second, it gets away and our runner on third scores. I was asked if the batter gets an RBI for that, I said no because the run scored due to error...everyone agreed with that. But then posed the question, what if the same situation happened, the throw to second was good and the runner still goes from third and beats the throw back home. So, no errors on the play, does the batter get credit for a RBI? thanks!
team mom

Re: RBI or no RBI

Post by team mom » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:56 am

Based on that description, I would score it as a steal if the runner is safe at second (double steal), and a fielder's choice if the runner is out at second, assuming no errors.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
trentrg

Re: RBI or no RBI

Post by trentrg » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:59 am

So, no RBI for the batter in any scenario correct? That was my gut feeling, I was just not sure how to best score that situation.