The Pitch Timer

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bepeacock

The Pitch Timer

Post by bepeacock » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:20 pm

As you may know, a pitch timer has come to AA and AAA ball this year, being tested for the majors. If you don't, here's the gist. There is a 20 second timer between pitches. Essentially, if the pitcher does not make his throw by then, the batter will get an automatic ball. But the batter is not off the hook either. If he steps out, he'll get an automatic strike. Now for things like picking guys off and needing to recycle the signs and such, the timer will reset, the best I can tell.

So the question here becomes... how do we score that when it happens? By just pressing strike or ball, the problem is it messes up the pitch count. So how can we count the ball or strike when it is called due to the timer?

Granted, as many AA games as I've been to this year, I've only seen this happen once. The batter got a strike. So not a big deal. Just got me thinking.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: The Pitch Timer

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Misc -> Illegal Pitch can be used to enter the ball. It will not count as a pitch on the pitcher's pitch count, but will be counted as a ball.

For strikes, we would suggest just tapping the strike button, and you can add a note to the strike if you would like indicating it was due to timeout penalty. Yes it will be counted as a pitch on the pitcher, but that would be the tradeoff for now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs