How to score this play - Android.

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
bannind

How to score this play - Android.

Post by bannind » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:01 pm

So how does this get scored and entered within iScore?

Runner on first - R1
Batter -R2 - hits a single into the R/C gap.
R1 rounds 2nd and is heading to 3rd. The throw comes in from center, cut by 2nd, throw to 3rd. Ball deflects off of R1's helmet (in the slide) and goes beyond the 3rd base coach. R2 - who had stopped advances to 2nd.
R1 gets up and scores - the throw from the SS covering the overthrow is late to catcher. On the throw - R2 to 3rd.

If I am correct, R2 gets a single, but no RBI's. Advance to 2nd on the throw from 2nd to 3rd. Advance to 3rd on the throw from SS to C.

So how is it noted in iScore, in regards to R1?
Taxi_dad

Re: How to score this play - Android.

Post by Taxi_dad » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:35 pm

I guess the 2nd baseman must be charged with a throwing error with which the R1 advancements to home and R2 to third are justified.

The rule states that a throw that hits a runner is an error if there are further advancements that would not be with a perfect throw.
I
The question is: the runner would have scored with a throw not hitting him? I agree no RBI.
bannind

Post by bannind » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Without the throw hitting him, R1 would have remained at 3rd and R2 at 2nd.
Taxi_dad

Post by Taxi_dad » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 pm

bannind wrote:Without the throw hitting him, R1 would have remained at 3rd and R2 at 2nd.
OK. So these two advancements are due to the throwing error of the second baseman who cut off the throw from the outfield.

Summarizing: base hit + 2nd on the throw + 3rd on the throwing error for the batter-runner; 3rd for the batter action + home on the same error for the runner.