New Product - iScore Central Viewer app

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
LarryKoch

Re: New Product - iScore Central Viewer app

Post by LarryKoch » Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 pm

WOW!! Very nice. A slight enhancement would be to flag the next batter up for the team on defense. Thanks
coop85

Post by coop85 » Wed May 20, 2015 5:55 am

FTMSupport wrote:Searching for a team will show games for the last 7 days.

The audio play by play is like the text play by play from the iscorecast but adds a little more information that is usually visual (pitch location info for example, and summary info as it goes from inning to inning) all spoken. This allows you to listen to the game without having to watch (great while driving for example).

Yes, it is developed by us, and no it is not the end of the existing iScorecasts. This is just a mobile experience as a separate application.
Great! I agree with the previous poster that I'm happy to support additional monetization opportunities for you guys, as long as the existing iScorecasts stay.

Now for a few nits!

First, the overview mode on an iPad looks fantastic! It combines the best of iScorecast and the old HTML viewer. However, it would help if the play by play box could display at least 2 plays and ideally be scrollable. Frequently, when 2 plays occur back to back, it becomes impossible to tell what happened without going to the play by play tab.

Second, there is some glitch occurring that initially registers a stat twice. For example, if a player hits a 2 RBI double, the RBI field initially shows 4, then corrects itself with the next event. Not a big deal, but I had to correct myself several times when asked about a player until I realized I had to wait.

Last, is it possible to add an option to change the voice? I kind of like the British dude, but I seem to be in the minority in my family!

Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 20, 2015 6:14 am

@LarryKoch - there is an arrow next to the player in each lineup for each team indicating the next batter.

@coop85 - Thank you for the suggestions. For the voice, there actually are a couple options under Settings, but is is limited to what Apple has made available.

We will look into the stats issue.

We will also try and continually improve the interface.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Southpaw

Post by Southpaw » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 am

Looks great. Team families are going to love following the games on it.

One question about the team information. When I pull it up and look at the roster and the stats, the information is for every player that has played on our team since 8U (we are currently 10U). We treat each season as a "league", but there's now way to sort the stats or the roster by league, so if a user clicks on stats they get the cumulative stats from 8U on, which, given the huge difference from 8U coach pitch to 10U-AAA baseball, renders looking at the stats on the app meaningless.

It's not a huge deal, but if there was a way to select the league to view stats and the roster, it would be more user-friendly and provide better information.

But really, it's a great app overall.
LarryKoch

Post by LarryKoch » Wed May 20, 2015 8:31 am

Hmm. I can't find the arrow for the next batter on either my iPhone or iPad. Maybe I don't have the latest version. I have version 1.0.4. Or maybe it's on the premium version.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 20, 2015 9:49 am

OK, we did find an issue with Registering a new account on iPads. You can use Facebook registration, or when you are on the Password field, press the "Next" button on the virtual keyboard and it will take you to the confirm password entry box (you won't see it)... type the same password again, then the registration will work.

We have submitted an update to Apple that fixes both this issue and the stats issue that was mentioned.
patmikew

Post by patmikew » Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 am

Last night, a substitution was recorded in iscore baseball. The substitution showed up on iscorecast but only was partially recorded on the new iscorecentral. The pitcher moved to first base and the third basemen moved to pitcher. A new player entered the lineup in the first basemans batting spot and played third base. Only the new player entering the game and playing third base was recorded in iscorecentral.
lmhaffner

Post by lmhaffner » Fri May 22, 2015 8:27 am

FTMSupport wrote:OK, we did find an issue with Registering a new account on iPads. You can use Facebook registration, or when you are on the Password field, press the "Next" button on the virtual keyboard and it will take you to the confirm password entry box (you won't see it)... type the same password again, then the registration will work.
Great--I was just about to post a screenshot. Thanks for the update!
NA Renegades

Post by NA Renegades » Fri May 22, 2015 9:03 am

I am having difficulty locating my team when I do "Find a team". We played a game 5 days ago. Is there a setting I need to take a look at?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 22, 2015 11:30 am

The "Find a Team" option is for finding Team Websites. If you are looking for a game for your team, just go to the Games in the left nav, then in the Find a Game box, type a word from your team name. If you know the opponent, type your team name, a space, then the opponent team name and it will search for games between those two teams.