New Product - iScore Central Viewer app

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

New Product - iScore Central Viewer app

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 15, 2015 12:26 pm

New iScore Product available! Download for free here:

iScore Central Viewer

New iScorecast and Team Website viewer for fans to watch the live games from app on their mobile device. Optimized for iPhone and iPad.

More details to come later... let us know your feedback here.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coop85

Re: New Product - iScore Central Viewer app

Post by coop85 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:20 pm

It looks good. A few questions and concerns:

When I searched for a team I score, only the two most recent games appeared. Any way to see a whole league's worth?

How does the audio play by play work?

Is this app developed by iScore/Faster than Monkeys? If so, I hope this doesn't signal an end of the current iScorecast implementation. It has the feel of a switch to a freemium/subscription model more along the lines of your competition.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2015 7:06 am

Searching for a team will show games for the last 7 days.

The audio play by play is like the text play by play from the iscorecast but adds a little more information that is usually visual (pitch location info for example, and summary info as it goes from inning to inning) all spoken. This allows you to listen to the game without having to watch (great while driving for example).

Yes, it is developed by us, and no it is not the end of the existing iScorecasts. This is just a mobile experience as a separate application.
ecamp02

Post by ecamp02 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:28 am

Baseball looks great.

Do you have any screenshots of what it will look like for football. I tried to create a game and then view it on the app, but it only listed the play by play and not the overview screen. We are hoping this might be a solution for our radio guys to see the updated stats as our statistician enters the information.

Any idea how quickly it updates after a play is entered?

Thanks for the information.
Mrmcd183

Post by Mrmcd183 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:13 am

This is a much cleaner look - well done. Will it be extended to Android or home computer anytime soon?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2015 3:27 pm

@ecamp02 Football just has the play by play for now and the Line Score at the top. We will be continuing to make additions for all sports.

@Mrmcd183 We will be adding an Android version but we do not have the timeline for that right now. Home computers will continue to use the iScorecast interface we have already created for each sport.
dsmetz01

Post by dsmetz01 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:56 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Searching for a team will show games for the last 7 days.

The audio play by play is like the text play by play from the iscorecast but adds a little more information that is usually visual (pitch location info for example, and summary info as it goes from inning to inning) all spoken. This allows you to listen to the game without having to watch (great while driving for example).

Yes, it is developed by us, and no it is not the end of the existing iScorecasts. This is just a mobile experience as a separate application.

I think this is an awesome idea. You need a gentle way to monetize your product better so that you can continue development. I've had some minor issues with AirPlay on Apple TV love the audio output. Encouraging all of our teams to invest in your product. Keep innovating.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon May 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Thank you! That is the intent and we hope everyone sees it that way as well.
lmhaffner

Post by lmhaffner » Tue May 19, 2015 10:12 am

I can't register a new account through the app (for saving favorites). It complains that the password doesn't match a confirmation field. I only have 2 fields in the registration box: username & password. There's no third field for re-entering the password. This is on an iPad with iOS 8.3.

Also, I'm not too familiar with the iScore scoring app yet (mostly a viewing fan at this point). I can find games for our team, but the team does not show up in the team search. Do teams have to establish some kind of iScore account for them to show up in the team search? It doesn't seem like the ID string for the iScoreCentral web interface can be used anywhere to pinpoint a team.

There's also something odd in team searching when doing back-to-back searches. Sometimes it will return a previous search result instead of results that apply to a new string typed in.

The interface is pretty nice though!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 19, 2015 1:58 pm

When on the login screen, tap the "Register Now" (right below Sign In), and you will then see entry feilds fro Email, Create a Password, Confirm Password, and Create Member Name. Fill those out, then tap Register Now.

The "Games" tab left nav lets you find iScorecasts (games) for any team by typing a few letters of a team name.

The "Teams" tab in the left nav let's you find the optional Team Websites for teams that have them. This is an optional feature that would only be seen for teams that have purchased that option, and gives a mobile experience for viewing those teams.

Once you have registered, you can add teams to your Favorites (which will appear under Settings in the left nav in the Favorites section), and if you then go to Favorites in the Games tab, it will show any games for any of your favorite teams (this is all free functionality).

If you upgrade to the premium option, you will get the added benefit of notifications being sent to you for your favorite teams (or scorekeepers), and have the Audio option for "listening" to the games (great while driving or while doing other things). It will also remove the Ads.