Game Forfeit Issue

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mt32839

Game Forfeit Issue

Post by mt32839 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:14 pm

This has truly been a season of weird happenings. Now I have an issue I have no earthly idea how to resolve, assuming it even can be resolved within iScore.

Scenario... Game was played last week between Team A (Our team) and Team B. Team B won the game. Now, over a week later, we've been notified that two players on the opposing/winning team were ineligible to play in that game, and as such, our local ruling body has required Team B to forfeit their win.

Issue... I of course show the actual results of the game that was played (a loss for Team A), so my recorded win/loss record for our team is wrong. I want to somehow record the forfeit to correct our team's win/loss record without deleting or messing up the players actual recorded stats for the game.

Any thoughts on how best to try and correct for this forfeit?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game Forfeit Issue

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:49 am

Go to Game Manager, select the game, select pitch by pitch, scroll down to the last pitch of the game and tap that, then tap Edit next to Game Adjustment, and assign the score as it should be for whatever the forfeit rules are in your league. Some just say it is 1-0 and some have rules like 7-0.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mt32839

Post by mt32839 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:14 am

I've never done anything like that before, but it worked. I also added a Note to the last play explaining the score adjustment and forfeit issue.
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:01 pm

You might also add the same note to the first pitch(First box after "Game Starts" in pitch by pitch). That way you can see why the final score might not be the way it appears quicker.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
coop85

Post by coop85 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:07 pm

I'm having an issue with a game we had to forfeit without playing. I started the game, ended the game, and then adjusted the final score in the play by play. The game listing in the app shows the correct score and the team page in the app shows it correctly as a loss. However, after exporting, the team webpage shows the game as a 0-0 tie. Any ideas? I'll send an email to support with my customer number and a link to our team page.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Try using Undo on the game to get back into scoring mode, enter one ball (you can do it with no players assigned to positions so no stats are generated), then set your score, then use Misc -> End Inning twice (so that one inning is registered), then use Misc -> End Game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
coop85

Post by coop85 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:36 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Try using Undo on the game to get back into scoring mode, enter one ball (you can do it with no players assigned to positions so no stats are generated), then set your score, then use Misc -> End Inning twice (so that one inning is registered), then use Misc -> End Game.
Thanks, that worked!
Rhc

Post by Rhc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:32 pm

MLB 2.0 says 9-0. No idea what level this game was.