Double play on Fielder's choice

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
ixamnis

Double play on Fielder's choice

Post by ixamnis » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:06 am

Runners on first and third. No outs. Batter hits a ground ball to pitcher. Pitcher throws to catcher. Runner on third is caught in rundown. Catcher throws to third baseman who throws back to catcher who tags the runner. Runner from first is then caught in rundown trying to get to third. Catcher after making tag throws to third who throws to short who tags runner. Batter is safe at second.

If you enter in play, fielder's choice. After putting in type of hit you are asked who touched the ball during the play. So you can type that all in I suppose which I sort of tried at first entering just who touched the ball on the first out, but your next option is to answer what happened to the runner on third. One of the possible answers is to go ahead and put in "double play" there. Then when asked what happened to runner on first you put double play in there also. But neither then ask who touched the ball, plus the double play only occurred on the second out.

I ended up entering in play, fielder's choice and put in hit location, but then did not enter who touched the ball at that point. When asked what happened to the runner on third, I put in tagged out and then entered 1-2-5-2. When asked what happened to the runner on first, I put tagged out and entered 2-5-6. What happened to batter put safe at second on the throw. Looks right on the scorecard but my guess is does not give credit for the double play. So I will have to go back and enter that stat manually.

Any suggestions how to have entered that play any better?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Double play on Fielder's choice

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Yeah.. you have to select Double Play on one of the outs for it to be counted as a double play. Otherwise you have to manually override as you say.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs