Batting out of order issue

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
mt32839

Batting out of order issue

Post by mt32839 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Ran into an interesting dilemma I could not resolve scoring today, and am looking for insight on how I might have handled it better. And at the onset, please recognize I was not the official score book for this game.

Scenario... Visiting team skipped a player while batting (i.e. batted out of order) in the first inning. However, this was not caught by our team/coach. Batter that was batting out of order reached base and next batter had already received two pitches when our coach called time to discuss the issue with the umpire. Umpire did nothing as issue was not caught at the appropriate time. The skipped batter then batted in his assigned slot during his next at bat in the third inning.

Result... Because of the batting out of order not being caught and an out not being issued, I had no way to move ahead one batter in the lineup to insure I was scoring stats for the player(s) that were actually up to bat (i.e. I was one player behind for each ensuing at bat).

My Solution... My work around on the fly was to simply 'Undo' my way backward two batters, issue a walk to the skipped batter, essentially putting someone on base that never batted, and hoping our team would retire the side before he scored (which is what happened). Then I re-input the actual batting results I had undone. Although my work around allowed me to adjust for the batting sequence, it resulted in my logging a walk and four additional pitches to our pitcher, neither of which ever happened.

So what could I have done to score this screw-up better, such that all of my stats would have been accurate?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Batting out of order issue

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 am

You would have to sub the batter that actually batted to get the stats associated with him. To fix it post game, you can manually override the stats for players by following the instructions here:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... _edits.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs