How do I record an error on a muffed foul fly

We will try and answer Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Baseball, this is probably the best place to start. You can also search historical posts here.
lismike

How do I record an error on a muffed foul fly

Post by lismike » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi all,

I am sure this will be a quick thing to answer.

On the weekend I wanted to put an error on a fielder who muffed a pop up fly and the batter subsequently go on base with a hit.
Of course the Batter/runner scored and I would have liked the opportunity to have that run as unearned.

I tried to assign error in the Misc section, but when the batter got the hit it wanted me to assign the error there, and not log the pitch location.

Many thansk for your help.

Cheers,

MIke
mprusak

Re: How do I record an error on a muffed foul fly

Post by mprusak » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:55 am

Misc->Assign Error

Also, this is not dependent on outcome of at bat. It should be charged immediately regardless - if it was determined to be an error.

Here is the MLB language on it:
10.12 Errors
An error is a statistic charged against a fielder whose action has assisted the team on offense, as set forth in this Rule 10.12.
(a) The official scorer shall charge an error against any fielder:
(2) when such fielder muffs a foul fly to prolong the time at bat of a batter, whether the batter subsequently reaches first base or is put out;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
lismike

Re: How do I record an error on a muffed foul fly

Post by lismike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi,

Thanks for that.

I did try to assign the error on the foul. When I tried to put the hit location for their completion of the at bat it took me back to the assign error screen and I was concerned about two errors and no hit location.

I will try the game again and take screen shots.

Many thanks,

Mike