New Season

We will announce new product updates here along with what features are being included in the updates.
mwhittington

New Season

Post by mwhittington » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:57 am

we are starting a new season so i just added the new league name for 2011
how do I add my team? I want to make sure that I keep last years stats but we have 3 new players and 2 players are no longer with us
i still want to keep the stats from last year - does that make sense?

basically i just created a new team but added 2011 to it - is there another way I should have done it?

also where do i purchase the team website?
OhioTex

Re: New Season

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:14 pm

The team web site subscriptions can be purchased from the admin site
1. Create team on your device
2. Do an options export to send new team to FTM servers
3 log onto admin web site (options > admin site for URL and password)
4. On admin site, select teams tab, click link to right of team to create website
Follow instructions.

Annual subscription$ 19.99

team web sites create an underlying linkage to the specific team, and device you purchase it for. Do not delete the team from your device or you will break the link.

team web site uses the Team roster on handheld determined who shows up on web site roster and statistics. (team manger > select team> roster).
When you option > export team site is updated

To assign a team to a league ... team manager > select team > leagues. Check all that apply. It is very important that both your team and games are in the league you want to display stats for on the team site

hope that answes your queations

Note for other readers - fyi. baseball iOS let's you purchase team web sites directly from your device but that feature is not currently in baseball on android or basketball on iOS
mwhittington

Post by mwhittington » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:27 pm

should i merge my current team with last years team? what if there are 15 players then but now only 11 active?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:47 pm

There are differences of opinion here.. To merge teams or not. Tradeoffs

I tend not to merge my teams, just give them years,

For example, I take last year blazers and rename them, blazers-10 and create new team for 2011 called blazers (you can label them later to blazers -2011, or do it now)

This way I can go back and see last years team as it was, with that year seniors, etc

The blazers -11, team web site Would have the incoming freshman but not the now departed alum.. Stats for players would be for this year and this team, You can see players lifetime stats on the device w/o merging teams.
mwhittington

Post by mwhittington » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm

great advice - i think i will do that