Player List lists all Quick Rosters

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
J-Man

Player List lists all Quick Rosters

Post by J-Man » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:07 pm

I just noticed that when I go to the Player List page (I'm looking on an iPad 1), it's listing all the players (Player A, etc...) that were added to teams during our last tournament. In fact, it shows multiple "Player A", etc...one for each team that I did the Quick Rosters for. I'm guessing (didn't test this) that if I chose to use numbers instead of letters (Player 1 vs. Player A, etc...) it may not show up in this listing?? Anyway, I've never noticed this before...in iScore Basketball...but, I'm pretty sure this doesn't (or didn't in the past) happen in iScore Baseball, or I would have noticed. The idea of Quick Roster was that you weren't too interested in the other team's player's names, or carrying their player stats from game to game...correct? In which case, these should not be showing up in Player Listing and should just be treated as "dummy" players on the teams.
mprusak

Re: Player List lists all Quick Rosters

Post by mprusak » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 am

These would show up regardless of naming convention (letters or numbers). These do show up in baseball too.

I do believe this is by design. While you may start with a quick roster, one might edit the names as the game proceeds. Just because you used quick roster doesnt necessarily mean you dont care about keeping the players (though it certainly may be the case).
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
J-Man

Post by J-Man » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:49 am

Then that has definitely changed in the last year or so, because I'm positive that didn't occur in iScore baseball last year.

It used to be that they only showed up if you actually changed the names from the automated Quick Roster names.

The reason I don't think this was by design, is that now I have like 14 "Player A" in my player listing. How would you possibly understand which player goes with which team...therefore, not useful at all.
tonystai

Post by tonystai » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

Agreed, I'm pretty sure baseball didn't do that last summer.

My workaround is to edit the roster of each team I add and remove all players from all leagues individually (pain in the butt). Then I don't ever use the "All" league setting when working with players.

And it doesn't matter whether it is Alpha or Numeric. Tried it this weekend to confirm.