Player numbers not showing up correctly

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
garrett.gman

Player numbers not showing up correctly

Post by garrett.gman » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:21 am

There are two issues I'm having when entering player numbers into iScore. The first issue is with single digit numbers. When I enter in a players number on the admin website as "7" and push save the number changes to "17". This happens on most numbers from 1-10. If I enter a 0 in front of a single digit number it will show up as "07" but only on some numbers from 1-10. I don't want to show "07" as a fix. I want to show "7".

The second issue is with numbers like "108". When I enter in "108" in the admin website and push save it shows up as "08". I can't figure out what would cause this. Please help me with a fix.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Player numbers not showing up correctly

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:03 am

We just logged into the Admin Website, and edited a player, and put in "7" in the # column, then clicked save. It correctly shows 7. Be sure you are entering nothing but numbers in the fields, no spaces or extra characters.

Entering the numbers "100" -> "109" will be translated to "00" -> "09". That is how we support the leading 0 on numbers. We have not heard of basketball players having 3 digit numbers as referees would not be able to signal who committed a foul with their hands the way they do to the scoring desk.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
garrett.gman

Post by garrett.gman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Thank you for the advice. That seems to have fixed it my single digit problem.

I'm still having a problem with numbers 100-109. In our league we have players with 3 digit jersey numbers. The referees don't have problems reporting to the scorers desk. We have lots of numbers with 3 digits. All of them work except a few. It appears that the website is set up to accept digit numbers but the numbers 100-109 don't work. I enter 100 and click save and the number 00 appears. Same kind of thing with 105 or 103, I click save and 05 or 03 appears.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm

As noted, we use 100-109 to represent 00 - 09 since the jersey is stored as a number and "00" - "09" are not actually numbers.

What league is it that allows 3 digit jersey numbers? We have not seen this before.
garrett.gman

Post by garrett.gman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 pm

It is a league that my friend and I started in Utah 4 years ago. We are in our fifth season now and are just now starting to use iScore. We have a large number of returning players in our league every year so rather than make them buy a new jersey every year we decided to give them a number for life if they so choose. For instance if someone plans on playing in our league for life they can reserve the number 22 and have that until they retire from the league. All our jerseys are black and white reversible so they don't have to buy different color jerseys each year. Every game is played between a black or white team. We have grown to over 100 players in our league every year so we now have jersey numbers >100. Hence, the 3 digit jersey numbers.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Ok, we will add it to our enhancement list but it will probably remain a low priority as it seems very unusual.