Running Clock

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
pnichols

Running Clock

Post by pnichols » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:56 am

I have taken to using the program in "Coach" mode and not displaying the clock...This is working well since I find it almost impossible to keep the gameclock and iScore synced...For our purposes I don't need clock managemnet anyway...My post involves what I think is happening in the background...It seems that the clock is running anyway and has subtle effects on the stats...When I get near the end of the second period, the fouls clear before I switch to the 3rd qtr...It seems that the app is seeing the clock run out and clearing the fouls for the second half...Is there anyway to not use a clock at all, just periods?

Thanks for a great app and your great support!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Running Clock

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 am

We will look at the issue of the fouls resetting at the end of the half ... they should actually reset at the start of the next period.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 am

We just checked into this, and things are working correctly. Make sure you are on the latest version of iScore Basketball (v2.80).

If you have iScore in "Hide Clock" mode, then the Fouls do not reset until you press the Next Period button. This creates the "End of Period X" and "Start of Period X+1" events.

If you have iScore in "Show Clock" mode, then when the time reaches 00:00, you will see the "End of Period X" event, and the fouls will reset if it is time (depending on whether you specify to reset at Period or Half).

If you are toggling between hiding and showing the clock, then you are going to trigger then "End of Period X" if the clock shows 00:00 when in Show Clock mode.
pnichols

Post by pnichols » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:38 am

I didn't mention this but the other thing that led me to that conclusion was that in the 4th qtr, The box will show an "F" instead of the "4" toward the end of the game without me changing the period...I am running v2.80...It doesn't cause any problems with the way we use it I was just trying to find an explanation for the cleared foul boxes before halftime and the quarter displaying an "F" instead of a "4"...The clock running in the backgraound wasa the only thing I could think of that would make those changes.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:56 pm

We just tried again, and that only happens if you have the clock turned on. If you have the clock turned off, it remains period 4 until you tap the "Next Period" button. If you have the clock on, then it will go to "F" when the time runs out.

To toggle the clock on/off, you can press "Options" from the main scoring screen. While the clock is off, you should not see it at the top of the screen, and there should always be a "Next Period" button available. As long as you are not toggling the clock on and off while scoring, it should not be ending the current period or starting the next period until you press that button.
pnichols

Post by pnichols » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:17 am

I am definatlly not complaining...But it happened againe and this time I took screenshots...With 1:27 left in the 2nd qtr, the fouls were cleared to zero...With 32 sec left in the game the qtr indicator read "F"...I am running the current version on the latest IOS...It doesn't affect my stats as far as I can tell I just can not figure out what is happening...If you are interested I still have the screenshots.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:07 am

We thought you said you were running with the clock off? Are you now running with it on?
pnichols

Post by pnichols » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 am

When I "build" the game I set "Show Clock" to No...Is that the correct way to go about it?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:33 am

Yes, that is correct. So when you say there is 1:27 left and 32 seconds left, how are you determining that if the clock is off in the app?

If we can get you to do an Options -> Export from within iScore, and email us your Customer ID (found on Options screen) to support@iscoresports.com and let us know which game it is, we can take a look.
pnichols

Post by pnichols » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

I don't use the score in the app...I look at the score board...What it seems to be is, the App clock runs in the background even though I am choosing to not use it...With the normal clock stoppages that take place in a game, the app finishes the qtrs early, Since I don't account for timeouts, ref whistles, etc...In a nutshell, iy seems the clock runs in the backgroud regardless, and the effects that it would have on fouls, etc, take place even though it isn't displayed.