Stats player adjustment

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Dogbb

Stats player adjustment

Post by Dogbb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:53 pm

During a recent game, my stats person decided to rename a player at half time to try to "fix" the order of players. SO coming out of the game 1 player's stats were split across 2 players numbers. I was able to edit the stats and they show 0 in the adjust mode, but in team stats they are still there and the names - numbers are wrong according to the change. The roster is correct and each game is correct now, but the team stats are wrong.

Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Stats player adjustment

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Renaming a player does not change the underlying player the stats are for. So the "Team Stats" is going to show according to the "underlying unique identifier" for the player. You can try pressing the Recalc button on the Team Stats screen, and that will recalculate all statistics. If that does not "fix" things, then it is likely that for this particular game, the "underlying player" is different from the name of the player. If you have a specific player you would like us to take a look at, then if you can do an Options -> Export from within iScore, and email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID (found on Option screen), and the player in question, we can take a look at your data.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Dogbb

Post by Dogbb » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks, I understand data and how it is stored. So I understand what you are indicating should happen. There is a specific player that needs to be combined, so I will send it in. The game stats are cleared and correct with the exception of the minutes played. But the team stats refuse to "Clean Up." (correct)

Since I am in the middle of season - Will it be an issue to recombine the data you look at and adjust with the newly added data of the games I play between export and import times?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:36 pm

We are going to have to look at the data to see what is going on. We have the ability to "merge" players if you create two players that represent the same player, but splitting a player into two separate players is not something that is supported. When you export and email us with the specific details, we will be able to look at the actual data to determine if there is anything we can do to fix it.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Dogbb

Post by Dogbb » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Thanks, I have mailed it in and it sounds like you can do what I need done. Recombine the split player.