Personal Foul in Game Mode

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Mdelehanty

Personal Foul in Game Mode

Post by Mdelehanty » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:50 am

I am not sure if this is user error or a bug, so your help would be appreciated. When I choose a player on the left side of the screen and tap on Foul, the selected player shows up as the one committing the foul which is what I would expect. However, if I choose a player on the right side and tap Foul, the player selected shows up as the one that was fouled.

Can you clarify? Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Personal Foul in Game Mode

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:15 pm

We do not see the same thing happening. In both cases, the player selected is the one being fouled. Maybe the confusion is that the available players to choose from move under the appropriate label ("Player who committed the foul" and "Player who was fouled").
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Mdelehanty

Post by Mdelehanty » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:01 pm

You are right. When I select a player and choose Foul, my mindset is that I'm identifying the one who committed the foul not the player being fouled. It takes some getting used to since the other stats apps I've tried do it opposite the iScore logic. Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:19 pm

When scoring in Game Mode on an iPad (which is the only mode on an iPhone), we tried to take a "follow the ball" approach. You are always tapping who has the ball, then what they do or what happens to them. This leads to the most efficient number of taps for each scoring situtation, and also lets you tap things in the order they occur. If you do not follow this approach, you are always trying to do things after the fact and it is easier to fall behind.

With a little practice, you will find that this truly is the most efficient way to score the complete details of the game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs