Roster Changes Not Saving

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Kpavell

Roster Changes Not Saving

Post by Kpavell » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:48 am

I am trying to make changes to players on my roster, specifically offensive positions. When I make the change to a player the position does not update.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Roster Changes Not Saving

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:16 am

If you can do an Options -> Export, email us your customer ID to support@iscoresports.com, and include the specific steps you are using (which team, which player, which position you are trying to set), we can take a look to see what is going on.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Kpavell

Post by Kpavell » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:50 am

Email sent with information.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:45 pm

If on an iPad.. Make sure you are hitting return button to close the keyboard, not the keyboard hide button. This sometimes is a cause of data entry, not being retained in other situations..
Kpavell

Post by Kpavell » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 pm

There is no time that the keyboard is active when editing an existing player position that I can see. Here is the exact path to the change I am using from Ipad version 2.50.68.
From home screen, select team manager, then select team, then select roster, next select player, select offensive position and dialog box opens to select position(s). I select Guard in this example and there is nothing in the dialog box to close so I hit the "Done" button on the upper right of the screen (I have also selected the back button marked "Roster"). THe change is not saved.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks for the extra description..

I just repeated the steps and it works fine on iPad ..

Home screen > Team manager > team > roster > player > position > guard, center or forward (see check mark) > done > team info > save > back...home screen

Perhaps not hitting the save button? Instead back button, at that time.??
I tested with guard center and forward combination on multiple players in multiple roster slots, I did not test all the small forward shooting guard type combinations..

I agree a save button instead of done earlier would be helpful

Try again and see if still not remembering.. Then post back findings
City

Post by City » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:05 am

I'm having this problem with an IPod. I've already kept one season of basketball. This next season, with existing players from the last season on new teams, it does not let me save their position. New players to the league however, do save with a position...help...
City

Post by City » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:12 am

actually, if I enter a new player and don't enter his position before I click done, I cannot get to add either. And on new players, if I enter everything including the position and click done, I have to go back and re-enter the player's name. Weird.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:42 am

Try going to League Manager and make sure you have the ALL league turned ON, then try doing your edits.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
City

Post by City » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:56 am

no, that did not work either. I check a position, click on player info and it does not show up even then.