Clock has disappeared

If you are having an issue with iScore Basketball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Lakevillehoops

Clock has disappeared

Post by Lakevillehoops » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:39 pm

The new update appears to have made the clock go away. When we try to start a game now, the clock disappears. The final stats seem to have times tracked, but we can't adjust the time during game play.
danmcc

Re: Clock has disappeared

Post by danmcc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:02 pm

I just opened a test game and the clock is blank but appears when I start play.
Albert

Post by Albert » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Yes lakevillehoops I have seen the same thing. The only way I can check if the clock is running is clicking a timeout and it looks like the clock does advance accurately , but not being able to see the clock is a major problem.
Albert

Post by Albert » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Danmmc, the clock appears as soon as I hit play for the game, but disappears within 2 seconds. And is replaced with a button that says -- next period
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:56 pm

This is a feature you turn on or off in options. People have wanted to turn off the clock. It sounds like you have turned it off. To turn it back on, create a new game, go to Options, and set Running Clock to YES. You don't have to save the game. This is where the setting is however.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:45 am

Ok Ftmsupport I see your instructions and they work. But that's the wrong label for that function and i suggest it be changed to display clock. I assume you know basketball to get my logic here. In a million years I would have not interpreted "running clock" to mean "show clock" I also don't get why a score keeper would ever not want to see the clock. So given that to select YES for "running clock" am i to assume that the clock does not keep running on free throws for example. Not being a jerk here it just doesn't seem logical.
Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:04 am

One more point, even when "running clock" is selected but before the "start game" button is pressed you don't see the clock display and that can caused confusion. There should be visual confirmation that the clock is ready to go before the tip
Lakevillehoops

Post by Lakevillehoops » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 am

It seems as though the clock changes have also made the clock less sensitive to the touch. The timeout button is difficult to activate, as is the time clock.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:54 am

We were with you Albert --- we did not initially include the ability to turn off the clock. But if you look through the forum here, you will see that the ability to score with no clock (just saying when to move to the next period) was the top request by users so we made it an option.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:06 am

Yes yes ftmsupport being responsive one the downsides of social crowdsourcing :) the app is worth it