Voice Recognition?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
mludviksen

Voice Recognition?

Post by mludviksen » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:25 am

Hi. I'm a new user and really enjoying the app, but I do miss some things when I'm trying to watch the game and then look down at my iPad to record what's happening. A perfect scenario would be that I could call out a player's number into a bluetooth headset along with what happened. I see that you've done a few things with voice recognition with baseball, so I'm guessing basketball is just a little more complicated and things happen quicker too. I'm looking forward to watching more of the game and getting my head out of my iPad. Anything you can do to help that would be much appreciated!

I use it to record data for my son's team, and I don't record stats for the other team (other than points scored). At this point I focus mostly on shots, rebounds and steals. Turnovers are next on my list...

Thanks!

Mark
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Voice Recognition?

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:20 am

Thank you for the suggestion. One of the challenges with the voice recognition is background noise. At a baseball game you can sometimes find a quiet spot to score the game (youth games), but at a basketball game, inside a gymnasium, it would be much more difficult. Even with headsets, the microphones pick up too much background noise to get reliable results. We will continue doing research in this area and maybe at some point in the future this background noise issue will be resolved.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs