Youth Free Throws

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
chadcantrell

Youth Free Throws

Post by chadcantrell » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Many youth leagues that use running clocks only have kids shoot one free throw worth 2 points and then a free throw with one for the and 1. Any way to add a two point, single free throw while retaining the ability to have an and one?

Also I don't believe the +/- points while on the floor stat calculates correctly when you manually adjust scores. I don't track other teams and so I don't get an accurate stat. Don't know if that's a possible fix but I'd love to have that stat.

Thanks for listening!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Youth Free Throws

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

We will add this request to our enhancement list. For now, we would suggest either entering an extra free throw or doing a score adjustment by double tapping the score and making the adjustment. You will either wind up with too many free throws for the player (i.e. 2 entered when only 1 is shot), or too few points for the player (if doing a manual adjustment to score). We will add the idea of a "2 point free throw" to our enhancement list for future consideration however.

The +/- would only be valid if tracking points scored for the other team. One option that we have seen many people use is to create a single player on the opponent team, and to go ahead and enter any scored baskets for that opponent using that single player. It makes the scoring very simple, and keeps all your stats intact.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
chadcantrell

Re: Youth Free Throws

Post by chadcantrell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:10 am

Sounds good. Thanks for the fast replies!