points per possession stat per qtr and for the game + ytd

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
laynemims

points per possession stat per qtr and for the game + ytd

Post by laynemims » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm

I calc a points per possession based qtr / qtr, then for the game. like the box score. Real good quick indicator of current possession offense and defense.

I also calc the plus/minus on each possession to show flow of the game. it gives a great graph when graphing lead and p/m vs clock. good momentum indicator.

thanks,

layne
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: points per possession stat per qtr and for the game + ytd

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:19 pm

We will add these suggestions to our enhancement list.

One issue with points per possession is tracking possessions - there is nothing to track that right now.

We do include plus/minus and combo calculations for the players on the court, but again, tracking as a per-possession is not available right now as there is no consistent way to know the number of possessions. If you email the game results, there is a graph in the upper right corner that shows the scoring over time, and can be used to indicate momentum as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
laynemims

Post by laynemims » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 pm

It would be easy to put a button on screen to touch eacy time possession crosses half court(with arrow). I and most of the ones that i know use coach mode, as it is the easiest way to get good stats. we start early season not using the sub button(no numbers on jerseys) and work to use minutes as the preseason tournaments start.

The only other feature that would make it easier would be to hit free throw and give option to add score and foul from 1 screen, or skip. right now, you tap player, tap court, click on 2/3 make it, then click on def player, click on foul, type of foul, then ft then type / number of ft. by then they are already back in play. hard to do in a hurry.

it is also long to drag up and down through list to get subs, instead of all on 1 page. I always clear all, then add 5 players again. that is a length process also.

my plus minus calcs on the team reports are buggy. they give the same list of 5 players several times. I would llike to have a group of 5 only 1 time. Not very useful for me right now. It also is only on the email, but not on the pdf that is sent with the email. the p/m column is there, but not the combo reports.

thanks
layne
feel free to call, as i use football, baseball and basketball for as long as i've had an ipad.
laynemims

Post by laynemims » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:53 pm

another feature, is to export the play by play listing that you can edit but do not have any access to.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:54 pm

It sounds like many of the optimizations you are asking for are already in place in Coach Mode. You may want to give that another try as it is very optimized to give the least number of taps required to score a complete game.

We have not heard of the combo reports repeating the same groups of players unless you are referring to each of the different stats available in combo format. (The other possibility would be if you have the same players created multiple times.) If you have a case where the same groups of players are being repeated, please do an Options -> Export and email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID and which game / report we should look at to see the repeated combo players.

For the play by play listing, it is available in the app itself, and also on the iScorecast screen... you can email a link to the iScorecast if you want to send the play by play to anyone.
laynemims

Post by laynemims » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:52 am

i know i can get to the play by play, it would be nice to email for review(like when going over game film), maybe having a printout of it.

Basketball is such a fast paced game as opposed to baseball(except the 1 off quick bang bang play). It is hard to get subs in before play resumes. scrolling up and down through a list of 9/10 players to get the subs selected is hard to do quick. and if you get behind, it is almost impossible to catch up. we have the same problem with iscore football. occassionally the screen gets what i call sticky, takes multiple taps to get a response. this usually gets better after force stopping the app and restarting, but that is not the quickest thing to do while in the middle of a game. i like the play mode, except there are too many menu options that are hard to read while in the game. i've test scored about 4-5 games using it. i like that it captures passes, but the last pass does not automatically lead to an assist. you have to select a score with assist to add that. I like what i call the wheel of fortune when in coach mode to quickly score a miss/make on a 2/3. in game mode there are 10 buttons to select, in coach, just the wheel with 4 options. i always hold my ipad in portrait mode to so that i get the most info on the players. but it switches to landscape to sub a player, not the easiest thing to do. after i get it back to portrait, it stays there, just that 1st time, is a pain. it also causes problems if you have the screen rotation locked(i do in football). if it rotates as you select a button, now you cannot get it to rotate back without turning off rotation lock.

I have used this for the last 43 varsity games, and it is the best scorekeeping software. I've tried them all. I liked the response better on baseball of my palm pilot(yes, dating a ways back-turbostats), but i'm sure this is just the limitations of the ipad.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:02 pm

We will look to see if there is a way we can optimize some of the areas you are pointing out. We got your email with the combo report data, and are looking into that and will email back when we figure out what is going on.