Disabling the clock...

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Toadfox

Disabling the clock...

Post by Toadfox » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Now that I've purchased the iScore football program, I realize there's an option to not have a running clock at all, with the time added each time a play is done. Also, you don't have to worry about who's on the field at any given time int he game, making recording the plays a lot easier.

Could we have these options for basketball as well? I've found that keeping track of every substitution in the game is nigh well impossible, and the clock continuously running is a major problem. I realize some might want to keep track of exact minutes played, but I don't care a whit about that.

In short, allow me to add a name and number to a play as it's happening – without worrying about whether I kept track of the substitution – and allow me to manually add in the time after each play (shot, score, rebound, whatever), without a clock constantly running at the top of the screen.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Disabling the clock...

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm

You can turn the clock off under the game options (Hide Clock). As you noted, the minutes played will then be invalid.

You can also select any player for a play (doesn't need to be a player currently in the game) by scrolling on an iPhone, or by tapping in the lineup windows in the top left/right on the iPad.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Toadfox

Post by Toadfox » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 pm

OK, I've tried your suggestion on using players that aren't in the game by "scrolling" on the iPhone, but can't figure out what you mean. The only way I can enter any play at all is to tap the player's number that's already in the game.

As for the clock, it's true I can turn it off and not worry about it running while I fumble about trying to create a play, but I still would like the option to enter a time once I have a play entered, just like with football. I may not care about minutes played by each player, but I would like to be able to keep track of a running score by time.

Also, would we be able to type in the time, rather than using the scroll? I saw that request on the football board.
Toadfox

Post by Toadfox » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm

D'oh! I figured out the scrolling method to get a player that's not on the court. Never mind about that request. But I still have issues with the clock and being able to keep track of the time. See my previous post.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:10 pm

We have added your suggestion to our enhancement list for future prioritization.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs