Coach Mode

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
auroratechchris

Re: Coach Mode

Post by auroratechchris » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

I have been trying to do the game mode and that seems to be the thing that always slows the app down considerably. Very frustrating to work it. The other thing I struggle with is the psychology being used in entering fouls - I keep having the wrong player getting the foul. Is there any tutorial type thing or utube video that could help understand your psychology of this?

As far as the turnover thing - I still would like to track the types of turnovers in coach mode - my personal preference. Maybe if I can get to understand the game mode better and it works efficiently - then I won't be be so concerned about the coach mode turnover thing but right now i'm struggling between the 2.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:26 am

There is a training page available at:

http://iscoresports.com/basketball/training.php

About halfway down, it discusses the philosophy of how coach mode is intended to work and how it is different than traditional thinking about tracking of statistics.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coachctiller

Post by coachctiller » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 pm

In coach mode, when I have a charge taken it assigns the other team a team foul, and then when I actually assign the foul to the player, the team gets a team foul too. Is there a way I can enter this where the team isn't getting charged for 2 team fouls when there was only one foul?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:59 pm

If you go to the Options for a game (either tap the Options row when creating a new game, or tap the Options button in the bottom right of scoring screen), and set the "Offensive Team Fouls" setting to NO, then it won't auto-assign the Team Foul and you can manually assign it to the player.

We will likely be making a Coach Mode option in a future update as well to address this specific scenario.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Lmonroe

Post by Lmonroe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:49 pm

I agree with adding the functionality to coach mode. Please do this. We understand intentions but a great product listens to users.
hoopscoaching

Post by hoopscoaching » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:14 am

I agree with the different approach for game and coach mode, but I second the question concerning assist for a made shot. Even if our intent is just to track stats, and coach mode being the better choice, an assist question linked to a converted shot would help a lot (even if we don't care about the clock). You could implemented this as another option of coach mode together if those already available.
Don't let this request on bottom of the enhancement list please!

Thanks in advance