Coach Mode

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
chriskarate

Coach Mode

Post by chriskarate » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:12 am

Coach Mode needs the ability to indicate a made shot WITH an assist as one entry. Currently, you have to do this as two separate entries and doing this forces the game clock times to be different. For example, I put someone made a shot and the clock will say 12:00 and then by the time I put in assist with it that says 11:57. This needs to all be done at one time.

I think after a shot is made just ask "was there an assist?" and if yes then select player with assist.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Coach Mode

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am

Coach mode is designed to allow you to track stats independently of each other for each player. If you would like to be prompted for assists on each shot made, you should use Game Mode. Game Mode provides an optimized experience for scoring the full flow of action. It take a little more practice, but once you get accustomed to it, it provides the minimal number of taps to capture all the action of a game.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:24 pm

Game mode does not work for us because it always add Player A passes to Player B. nobody cares about who is passing to who and just want to know the key stuff. Don't understand why you wouldn't want this in coach mode since an assist is part of the shot, not a separate entry.
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm

My only gripe about this product is not asking if there was an assist with a made shot in coach mode. If you can please add this functionality, I will recommend this app to all teams in our league!
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Not sure why this is a difficult enhancement to dask if there was an assist with the shot and if so by whom since you already use the technology with the free throws feature where it has the popup asking how many shots and if the made or missed them. Probably same thing should be added to the turnover function in coach mode to select what type of turnover.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:37 pm

As previously noted, coach mode intentionally leaves each stat as an independent selection so people can track as little or as much as they want. If you are trying to track the full game detail, then Game Mode is really the way to go. You do not need to keep track of the passes to use Game Mode, and it prompts you through each selection with the fewest taps possible for scoring a complete game.
chriskarate

Post by chriskarate » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Can you explain how in game mode I can not have the passes show up in the play by play because I can't figure it out. In order to make any selection of action, I have to select a player and it immediately adds play by play entry that the ball was passed to them.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 pm

We will add this request to the enhancement list for future prioritization.
auroratechchris

Post by auroratechchris » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm

I would like to see the different turnover choices pop up in coach mode so I can track the players errors. I would also like to see a shot choice of Miss 2 with foul and then ask who committed the foul
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am

A "Miss 2 with foul" is just a foul. A player is not charged a missed shot when a foul is committed on the player. So in that case, just assign a foul.

Coach mode is intended more just for stat tracking. In stats, you would just see "Turnover" totals, not Turnover because of double dribble, or turnover because the ball was intercepted.

If you want full game detail tracking, then Game mode is the way to go. Game mode is a bit harder to learn than coach mode, but it truly does optimize the number of taps required to enter plays.