Miss shot w/Foul

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
J-Man

Miss shot w/Foul

Post by J-Man » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:09 pm

It seems like you'd want a button in the "Shot" screen like "Miss 2 w/Foul". Then the program would know that it does not count as a shot and you will be shooting 2 foul shots next. This would save a few button clicks, I think.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Miss shot w/Foul

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:07 pm

We will add this to our enhancement list. Since a shot with a foul is not actually counted as a shot but rather just a foul, we expect that Foul would be pressed right now in that case. The shot does not come into play at all.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
J-Man

Post by J-Man » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Totally agree with what you say...just thinking of ideas to limit the number of clicks. So, clicking on "Miss 2 w/Foul" would not count it as a shot and it would automatically "press" the "Foul", letting you select the player that fouled the shooter...and you can select what type of foul...and then it would go directly into the "Free Throw" screen with the "2" selected as the "Number of shots". Same process with "Miss 3 w/Foul"...selecting "3" as the "Number of Shots" at the end.

Thanks for the consideration!
Thorbach

Post by Thorbach » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 pm

I have scored my first games this week, and this was also my thinking as well.
As soon as player takes shot, I was hitting SHOT, but then after I realized they were fouled, and missed shot, I didn't have a button to hit (in Game mode) and had to cancel out.

Would love to see this enhancement....
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 am

When scoring I generally let a play run it's course then input the play while the team is in transition. If I try to score exactly as a shot goes up then I sometimes miss a put back made/missed or a foul as you noted.