Substitutions

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
im4ohst8

Substitutions

Post by im4ohst8 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:58 am

If you can add the enhancement to turn off the running clock, I would like to be able to see all of the roster players listed in Coach mode so that I don't have to worry about substitutions and can easily get to any player to assign stats, much like you would do using a scorebook. Obviously with the clock not running, one would not be tracking minutes played, etc.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Substitutions

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:30 pm

We have both of these features on our enhancement list for a future update. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
tollopa

Post by tollopa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:05 pm

In game mode it would be very handy if a long-press on the player number would allow me to select the sub. In coach mode it would be nice to be able to click on the player and be able to sub that player ( a long press on the number would mimic that action already noted ).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Thank you for the suggestions --- we will add them to our list.
Dogbb

Post by Dogbb » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 pm

It has been our perception that a simple list of numbers "IN" and "OUT" listed in the sub screen with all visible. Then allow a straight drag and drop. Our biggest problem on subs is the scrolling and select/unselect required for each sub. So each sub requires a minimum of 2 touches, possibly more. If I could just drag the new "in" number over the old "out" number, OR clear and pick from a visible list, that would be helpful.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:50 pm

There is a Clear button when you go to the sub screen. That is actually what we recommend doing when creating subs is just tapping clear, then tapping each player that you see on the court.
Thorbach

Post by Thorbach » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 pm

But to the above Dogbb's point, this approach takes 8 clicks. This is by far the most aggravating part of the app. It is awesome app, but fixing this, or I should say making it easier, to sub players would make this app PERFECT!

I like the idea of a long-press to sub out player.

I mostly favor the original idea of somehow showing whole team for ease, and quickness, of selecting players, without worrying about ensuring you are staying up to speed with the substitutions.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:27 pm

As of a few releases ago, we actually do allow selecting from the entire list of players. You do not have to do the subs if you do not want to. It requires an iPad (so there is screen space), but as long as you are using an iPad, you can tap any player in either lineup at any time, and enter scoring information for that player.

If you are selecting a player not currently "on the court", then it will mean minutes played and "combo reports" are potentially wrong, but that is the tradeoff you would make.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:50 am

Thorbach, if it is more than one sub at a given time I have found the easiest method is to tap sub, clear, then tap the 5 players on the floor. It is quicker than trying who to tap out and who to tap in.
valentine

Post by valentine » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:31 am

Is there a way to keep the clock running while I'm subbing players?
In our league, the only time the clock is stopped is during time outs.

thanks.