PUT BACKS & EFFICIENCY

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
cameraman91569

PUT BACKS & EFFICIENCY

Post by cameraman91569 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am

Would you consider having a PUTBACK on a rebound? occasionally you may have a team that player a takes a shot, player b tries a tip-in, might miss, player c might try a tip-in, player b taps in the miss.

To score this now, it's a lot of key strokes. If you had a button for put-back, it would ask for player, made/missed. This would then of course add an offensive rebound and shot attempt for each one.

Also, what about a PLUS/MINUS system for rating players? Sort of an EFFICIENCY rating. An example would be:

+2 for a 2pt FG
-1 for a missed FG
+3 for a 3pt FG
-1 for a missed 3pt FG

MINUS for turnovers

PLUS for positive

I currently have a system of adding +3 for Charges Drawn, +3 for diving for the ball, everything else is 1, 2 or 3 plus points.

MINUS points are usually 1, except a DISQUALIFICATION (tossed) is -8, TECHNICAL FOULS -5, those are extreme because you don't want your players ever being tossed or receiving technical fouls.

Just curious if this is something that you've considered or not.

OR maybe a COMBINATION report. PLUS points for a certain line-up so that us as coaches can go back easily and see that a certain lineup performs better together than others.

Just some ideas.

LOVE the Baseball and beginning to love you basketball app. Thanks for doing good work at an affordable price.

Brad Jones
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: PUT BACKS & EFFICIENCY

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. We will likely be adding a Putback option in a future update.

We have added a +/- (PM) statistic to the version (2.20) that was approved by Apple just today. This measures the scoring differential when the player is on the court (i.e. does the player's team score more points which would have a positive PM rating, or does the opposing team score more points which would have a negative PM rating). There are other efficiency ratings we have seen that can measure an individual's performance better (PM as we are using it is not always a function of purely the player ---- it also depends on those in the game with him). We will consider adding more of those statistics in future versions, but for the most part, they can be calculated from the data we provide, so you can always create a column in an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the values.

For example, most of what you describe for your personal system can be added to the exported Excel spreadsheet (though we don't keep track of "diving for the ball").
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cameraman91569

Post by cameraman91569 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for your reply! I did notice AFTER typing that message that there was indeed an update today that had the +/- PM feature added. And YES, I can calculate all the other stuff manually.

Thanks,

Brad
manu1212

Post by manu1212 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 am

Hi,
Have you already thought to include the efficiency stat in the app?
It would be very useful to have the accumulate efficiency during the season...
I'm wondering if I buy the app and this is the only thing that makes me doubt.
Thanks a lot