In Play-by-Play editing, allow to change when quarter starts

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
kyleo

In Play-by-Play editing, allow to change when quarter starts

Post by kyleo » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm

So, I was scoring a game last night, and through a combination of mis-pressings somehow undid the start of the fourth quarter.

So, at the end of the third quarter...I hit the button to start the fourth quarter. I unknowingly undid that, which returned me to the third period with a fresh 8:00 clock.

It wasn't until about three minutes later I discovered I had done this, but I had already logged several events in this time.

So, I edited the game clock to 0:00 so I could get the "Start Fourth Quarter" prompt again, and then re-synced the game clock.

But, I can't figure out a way to move the start of the fourth quarter in the play-by-play, so that points/events that happened in the fourth quarter, but were inadvertently scored as happening in the third quarter, are logged correctly.

I suggest the ability to delete the start of the fourth quarter after the fact (already exists) and then allow for a play to be added to designate the start of the fourth quarter after the fact (doesn't exist, near as I can tell).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: In Play-by-Play editing, allow to change when quarter st

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:32 pm

The game situation is stored with each event. There is not a "start quarter" event that can be moved around. As you enter a play, that play is tagged with the current quarter and clock time. Even if we had a "move quarter" option, it would then make the times of all the events be incorrect.

You can delete plays and add new plays in the Play by Play listing when you select a game in Game Manager if you want to re-enter the plays and get them in the correct quarter.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs