2Shot Missed with Foul for Basketball

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
ruebusch

2Shot Missed with Foul for Basketball

Post by ruebusch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 am

I bought both football and basketball apps and posted some suggestions for the football app already so thank you for getting back to me with those. I think the basketball app is good but a little more difficult to use because basketball is so much faster than football. First thing I noticed was that there is no option for a 2 shot or 3 shot MISSED because of a foul. There is the option for shot MADE with foul. IF the player is fouled and misses the shot it should automatically convert to free throws after you chose who caused the foul. I also didn't like that only the "Starters" were listed in the fouls page if you select foul. I don't even use the substitutions button because most of the time while doing high school basketball its too fast to be scrolling through the pages looking for the subs. I just select the number of the player and update that way. Another thing I thought would be helpful is when you are in the "ADJUST" window you should be able to select a player and ADD or SUBTRACT SINGLE points that way you don't have to go through and remember that he missed a 3 pointer and made a 2 pointer just to subtract 1 point. This would make it faster, and fast is good in basketball. Also, I like the football app because when you have the play by play window open you can click on any play and "EDIT" it if you got it wrong the first time. This should be the same for basketball. This also would make it faster and that is better for a fast game such as basketball. Thanks for the great apps and I look forward to hearing your input on my suggestions.

Mike
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: 2Shot Missed with Foul for Basketball

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 pm

For the "miss with foul" option, the shooter does not get charged with a miss on a foul. You just enter the Foul, and the shooter will get their free throws. Statistically they are not charged with a shot when they are fouled.

The fouls selection shows the players that are currently in the game. If you sub in the players you see on the floor, you can select the player that was fouled (or committed the foul). If you do not do the substitutions, you miss out on a lot of information (Minutes Played, Combo Reports, Per Game Averages, etc). When you tab the Sub button, it is usually easiest to then tap the "Clear" button and just tap the players you see on the court rather than trying to remove one and replace one.

If in the "ADJUST" tab you really don't care about whether it is 2 pointers or three pointers, you can use the + / - for Made Free Throws to add/subtract one point at a time for a player. It seems you would want to track the types of baskets they actually made however so that the statistics are correct..

You can Edit the Play by Play in basketball as well. Just exit out of the Scoring Screen and select the Play by Play from the Game Info screen. We do not have these edits in the main scoring for basketball because the game is too fast paced and people will get caught up trying to edit during a game instead of correcting mistakes after a game and you will miss the action on the floor.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs