Questions for anyone using this for broadcasting

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
dallonc

Questions for anyone using this for broadcasting

Post by dallonc » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 am

I'm definitely looking at this app as I begin an Internet-only radio network of doing local high school events (no radio stations in our area have shown interest in airing games). I've scored games in the past both for broadcasting and official scoring purposes, but I have a few questions related to iScore for any play-by-play people.
  • What level of tracking are you able to do while you call the game?
    Has anyone tried this on the smaller iPad? I have the first-gen big iPad, but I really would like to use this on the smaller iPad.
    How many games did it take to get used to the system?
    What kinds of stats reports do you use during half-time or pre-game statistics?
    Do you keep the stats, or do you have your color analyst keep the stats?
I'll likely do a number of these games on my own, so anything that's easy to use while letting me still call the game will be a very welcome thing. Since I know the network will cater to more tech-savvy people, having this kind of gamecast would be a very interesting feature as well. Thanks!
ffraas1

Re: Questions for anyone using this for broadcasting

Post by ffraas1 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 am

I am a 20 year veteran of radio play by play and as much as I love IScore for scoring my daughter's softball games, I would not think of using it while doing a play by play game. The main focus of your broadcast is to describe the action, not score the game. That is what the old fashion sheet of paper if for. There are times when some plays are confusing that it would be hard to enter what has happened in IScore. I would suggest using a paper score card and then later entering the game. This would then allow you to run stats that you might need for future games. Just some input from a radio veteran.