"Skip" option and fouls

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
neiser

"Skip" option and fouls

Post by neiser » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 am

Two questions I have after stating a "sample" game.

On some of the stats it gives a "skip" option. For example, if I select one of our players and say he had a turnover, if I select a type such as steal, it asks me what player on the other team had the steal - but also gives me a "skip" button. I assumed that skip button to mean that I don't want to assign who gave the steal. But several times when I have used this feature it instead did nothing with my original turnover (on my player). Do I always have to assign that steal to another player? If not, what does the skip button do?

Also, for fouls. I am not recording every touch/pass of the ball. So when there is a foul, my instinct is to touch the player who fouled and press foul. But instead it says that player is the one who was fouled. Do I always have to give the other team possession first and then have that player be fouled? Is there a way to not select who was fouled (I don't really care about that since it's not an important stat, especially on non-shooting fouls)?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: "Skip" option and fouls

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Skip is usually used if you don't see who did something. Like on a missed shot, iScore will ask who got the rebound, and you can press Skip to not enter that information. Whatever information you entered prior to the skip is still recorded however.

Yes, the model used for "Game Mode" (which is the only mode supported on iPhone) is always tap the player with the ball, then tap what happened. If you are tracking the ball movement, this is very natural. If you are just tracking certain events, you just have to think in terms of who had the ball when entering a play. If you don't care about the opposing team, many people just create one player on the opposing team to represent that team so you can easily record the basics.

If you are using an iPad, we have multiple scoring modes... the "Game Mode" as well as Coach Mode, and in Coach Mode, you can use different flows for entering the data.

The "Game Mode" is intentionally designed to use the fewest number of taps when scoring a complete game.

Here is a link to documentation that may help:

http://iscoresports.com/basketball/training.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs