Stats

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
glen.holmes

Stats

Post by glen.holmes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 pm

1) Is there a way to look at the opponents cumulative stats?
2) Is there a way to look at our stats for just our tournaments, or just our non-league games, or everything except our scrimmages?
a) My leagues are broken down as follows:
*Tournament #1
*Tournament #2
*Tournament #3
*Non-league
*League
*Scrimmages
Thanks!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Stats

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:28 pm

1. Select the team you want to view stats for from Team Manager, then tap Team Stats.

2. You can group games into any leagues you like, then view stats for any subset of leagues. See this URL that describes league usage in iScore Baseball --- the usage is exactly the same in Basketball. There is also a link from this URL back into the forum to a thread with a much lengthier description of league usage:

http://iscoresports.com/baseball/kb/faq ... eagues.php
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
glen.holmes

Post by glen.holmes » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:53 pm

1) I think I worded the question incorrectly...
***Can I view all opponents stats grouped together in one summary?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2) I completely understand the "league" theory. So, I guess to accomplish what I asked in the initial post I would have to:
a) Create another league that would combine our three tourneys as one "league" so I can see all of the tourney stats grouped together
b) Create another league that would combine all of our non-league and tourney games together so I can see all of our pre-league stats grouped together
c) Create another league that would combine all games EXCEPT our scrimmages together so I can see our entire season without the scrimmages
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3) Have you considered using check boxes to allow users to select multiple leagues for one display instead of having to continue to make more leagues?
a) I like the flexibility of the league approach but it would be more powerful with the addition of the ability to select multiple leagues at one time (ie: on our team website instead of a drop down list for leagues it would be nice to Control/Click the leagues desired or select multiple check boxes) to display our three tourneys together or all of our pre-league games together etc.

I hope I'm not rambling here!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:07 pm

You can select multiple leagues at once. If you want to view the combined statistics for "Tournament 1" and "Tournament 2", just go to League Manager, and select only those two leagues, then view your stats. It will be the combined stats for those two leagues. This can be done on the device. The Team Website does not allow this, but if you have a team website, and you are comfortable working with XML, you can use the Team Website API to query for cumulative statistics for any combination of leagues as well. Here is a link that describes that API:

http://api.iscorecentral.com/teamwebsiteapi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We do not have a way to view stats for multiple teams as though it were a single team (e.g. all opponent teams as one). If you don't care about tracking individual opponents, you can merge all of your opponent into a single team just called "Opponent", and you would then be able to see their statistics combined.

For many stats, you can actually look at your pitcher's cumulative stats, and that tells you how the opponents did as a combined effort (i.e. BAA - Batting Average Against --- is your opponent's batting average against your team). You can look at your team's batting to see how your opponent's pitching has done (i.e. the team AVG would be your opponent's BAA).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs