New season

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
Kpavell

New season

Post by Kpavell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:43 pm

How do I start a new season and not have the games from the previous season display in the game section? I do not want to lose the history and do want to be able to get career stats for players.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New season

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Leagues work the same in iScore Basketball as they do in iScore Baseball --- here is a detailed link to the League information for Baseball:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same information applies.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Kpavell

Post by Kpavell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:58 pm

I get how to use the leagues. What I want to happen is when I go to game manager only games that are flagged with the leagues that I have selected show in the list. Is this possible? I dont want to lose the history as I start the new season. I just want the list of games displayed in game manager to contain only the new season.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:13 pm

As long as you are assigning the games to Leagues, you can turn off the "All" league and the previous seasons' leagues, and you will only see the games from this season in your list.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Yes that is possible. exactly one of the uses of leagues.
Leagues are very powerful and flexible.

All of last seasons games need to be assigned to a league.. Call it 'fall 2010'

All of the next season games get assigned to a new league.. Call it 'winter 2011'

Make sure you also assign your teams to the appropriate leagues (folks often forget this). In this case to both fall 2010 and winter 2011 leagues.

Fyi, When you create a new team, player, or game it inherits the active leagues at that moment

Now in league manager, activate (check mark) whi h ever leagues you want to see information on..If you want to see all games, check all the leagues. if you want to see just 'winter 2011' games, check only the 'winter 2011' league. ( no other league checked.)

Leagues are both a grouping mechanism and a filter for games, teams and players.

When you go to your team stats, it will show stats only for what ever leagues are checked.. This way you can see stats for a specific season for a player or team, like fall 2010 or winter 2011 individually (check one or the other) or in total if you want (check both)

Hope that helps, if you need more reply post back

(also I applaud the approach you are taking to save history, that is a recommended practice. I suggest resisting the urge to ever delete an opponent team or a player that is part of a game you scored, instead just put them in an 'history league' if you want to decongest your player or team manager in the future. It keeps both sides of the stat book cleaner if you ever want to look something up. And takes up very little space)