Change the period

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
viggenr

Change the period

Post by viggenr » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 am

At the end of quarter 1, it did not switch to the second quarter, when I touched the clock it went to 1:30 seconds? How do I do this.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Change the period

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:19 pm

At the end of each period, a button will appear on the scoring screen that says "Start Period N". Click that button to begin the next period. Tapping the clock allows you to adjust the clock for the current period.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 am

I am having trouble with the periods as well.
When I reach the end of first period the clock automatically resets to 10:00 and starts in the same quarter. I do not get any button letting me change periods.
I am in game mode.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:44 am

We just tested this again in game mode (besides scoring games all the time). Timer went down to zero, then "Start Period 4" appeared in the top middle of the basketball court. Here is a screenshot:

Are you doing anything after the time runs down to zero? Are you saying the "Start Period N" button is not appearing when the clock reaches 00:00 fro you? Is it happening at the end of every period? Do you have the number of period set correctly for your game (# of is one of the Options when creating a new game)?
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am

Yes I have the game profile set to 4 8-minute quarters. I was running a sample game for practice. When time ran out in the first period, the clock immediately reset to 10:00 and started. The period stll showed as 1. Very odd.

I just downloaded the app yesterday. I am an experience Statcrew user so I am excited using this program at our away games when it is sometimes difficult to set up a laptop and printer. I am hopeful these are issues that we can work out.

You guys have a good product. I will contact you regarding some Statcrew items that would helpful in your program.

First I need to solve both the timeout and period problems. Both involve the spinning wheels window.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:33 pm

We got your exported database and took a look... the period length for your games is actually set to 800 minutes. Maybe you entered "800" thinking that was 8 minutes? Or tried to enter "8:00"? iScore just expects a number of minutes. So for 8 minute quarters, enter "8".

We would suggest creating a new game from Game Manager, go to Options, and set the number of minutes for quarter length to just "8".

This is likely what was causing the issues. We may have to put a limit on the maximum number of minutes users are allowed to enter for a period to avoid this happening in the future.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 am

Sorry not to get back to you sooner. That was it. I was used to entering quarter minutes as 0800. It seems to be working great. Used it on a test game last night.

I will send a separate post regarding totals in the game stats. Thanks again.