Defensive Rebound?

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
Sportychk

Defensive Rebound?

Post by Sportychk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:07 am

I'd like to keep track of defensive rebounds as well as offensive, but there is only one tab which reads, "rebound". When clicked, it automatically gives that player an offensive rebound. Is there a way to record defensive rebounds?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Defensive Rebound?

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:48 am

If you are scoring in Game mode (or on an iPhone), then Defensive or Offensive rebound is automatic based on who took the shot (i.e. rebound by same team after a shot is Offensive, rebound by opposite team is Defensive).

If you are scoring in Coach mode (iPad), it looks at the last missed shot to determine which team is Offense, and will give an offensive or defensive rebound accordingly.

If you are in Adjust mode (iPad), you can tap the "Def Reb" label to toggle between Defensive and Offensive rebounds, and assign them that way.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Pottyprof

Post by Pottyprof » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm

I agree with the original poster. Our team doesn't keep track of the other teams's shots and I doubt the majority of your users will either (we have high school students who use the program). It is very time consuming to have to adjust to every rebound. There should be a def rebound button on every major screen (as it is one of the most compiled stats) and the offensive rebound option should appear as is (after missed shots). Your program is the best I've seen on the iPad, but until this option gets fixed I'll have to use a different alternative.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 pm

We have added a "Def Reb" and "Off Reb" on the "Coach" screen to allow you to quickly distinguish between Defensive and Offensive rebounds. This will be part of v2.12 which is being submitted to Apple today.

We will not be adding it to "Game" mode for now because the intent of game mode is to score the full flow of the game, and when tracking a game that way, a rebound without a shot does not make sense.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs