Export?

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
papasmurfrock

Export?

Post by papasmurfrock » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:19 am

I am considering purchasing this app but need to know if you can export the stats onto, say, an Excel file or something like that. That way, I could watch the video of the game and use this app to do stats (rather than doing it by hand like I normally do), and then export it to excel so I can print stats out for each individual game along with keeping a running total.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Export?

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:28 am

Yes, iScore will export to Excel, CSV, HTML, and PDF.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
papasmurfrock

Post by papasmurfrock » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:43 am

Another question...will this app automatically keep up with season totals? And, can I add my own stats (for example, deflections)? One more...can I edit a file after it's exported?

If it does these things, I think I might get it!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:39 am

It does keep cumulative stats for any number of seasons, tournaments, or teams. You can edit the spreadsheet after exported, that is not a problem. We do not allow custom stat tracking within the app, only the stats we collect. But we are always open to suggestions on additional things you would like the app to track.
dgagnon

Post by dgagnon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:10 am

If I export my team stats to an excel file, can I edit that excel file then re-import it back to iscore to alter my cumulative stats on my ipod?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 am

iScore does not have an option to import stats back into the product. It only tracks data entered into iScore. You can always add stats to the exported Excel spreadsheet and add your own stats to that manually as well.

If all you are interested in is stats, and you have an iPad, you can use the "Adjust" interface in iScore to quickly enter a bunch of stats for your players by creating a pretend game and just entering those stats manually. If you have an iPhone, you would have to score the full game to get the stats into iScore Basketball - we do not currently have an "Adjust" interface on the iPhone.