Is there a way to link the teams from the S I sports app that we have currently? (replied,)

We will try and answer Frequently Asked Questions in this forum. If you are having any issues with iScore Basketball, this is probably the best place to start.
Smcculley7

Is there a way to link the teams from the S I sports app that we have currently? (replied,)

Post by Smcculley7 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am

recently downloaded this app from the S I sports app. Our team and roster is already on the SI sports app how do you link the two together
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Downloaded iScore from SI Play app. Is there a way to link the teams from the S I sports app that we have currently?

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:14 pm

There is a way, but it is unfortunately not easy. You would Import the team from SI Play, then merge the existing team into the team that came from SI Play. The reason it has to be done this way is SI Play has its own set of internal IDs for the teams and players. Doing the merge this way makes the iScore team and player IDs match the ones from SI Play.

The trick is to make sure you are selecting the team from SI Play in the left hand list when doing the merge. This way your existing team gets merged "into" the SI Play team.

If any of the players are not automatically merged, you can merge the individual players as needed from Player Manager.

To be safe, we would recommend doing an Options -> Export in iScore prior to beginning the merge process. This will create a backup of your data on the iScore server, and if you have any issues, you can do an Options -> Import to retrieve that backup and start over.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs